"The AFFA lobbies for:
Safe staffing levels,
funding for training and equipment,
workplace and employment rights,
pension, retirement and health care benefits"
- Access to key information on wages, benefits and working conditions to use in negotiations, arbitration and other meetings with local decision-makers.
- Work with partners in labour to lobby for employment rights.
- Up to date online resources to address and assist with issues and challenges facing affiliates and members.
- Assistance developing union messages and communications to members, the media, elected officials, decision-makers and the public.
- Provides financial assistance for small locals to attend educational training and conferences.
- Work with the provincial government to recognize and improve fire fighters’ health and safety for all of Alberta’s professional fire fighters.